Five Things

It’s time for another Five Things post where I ask five questions and answer them, and you have the opportunity to answer them too! I love learning about my readers and think these posts are a lot of fun! You can check out my past Five Things posts here if you’d like.

1. What’s your favorite thing about fall?
I love seeing leaves change color! Although the summertime is beautiful in Seattle, I love seeing the physical changes and transition into fall. I also love pumpkin flavored everything, from lattes, to pancakes, and desserts!

five things - fall leaves

2. What is one new thing you’ve tried lately?
I just started going to barre class and I absolutely love it! If you’re not familiar with barre, it’s a combination of ballet, pilates, and yoga. The workouts consists of very subtle movements and looks easy but it definitely isn’t! I was shaking most of the time but I like how it challenges muscles that I normally don’t target while working out. I also find it to be very relaxing and plan to continue doing it to become more lean and tone.

3. What goal would you like to accomplish by the end of the year?
I would like to try another type of workout class by the end of the year. Even though I love barre, I would like to explore other workout options as well. Let me know if you have any suggestions for me!

4. What is one good or bad habit that you have?
Since I want to be positive, I’ll name a good habit. I’ve gotten into a habit into going for a walk as much as I can just to get outside and get my body moving. I really can’t believe how much time I used to spend sitting all day and knew I had to make changes. I started this habit during my pre-baby days, continued it during my pregnancy, and still do it now that I have a son. He really loves going on walks and sometimes he feels so relaxed that he ends up napping, which is great news for this mom! lol

five things - Gabriel

5. What show would make you devastated if it suddenly got cancelled?
The Ellen Show! Ellen Degeneres is so funny and I look forward to watching her show everyday. Not only is she hilarious, but she has such a big heart and has given so much to individuals that truly deserve her generosity. I also love how she ends every show with, “Be kind to one another.” If we all practiced kindness, it would make such a big difference in the world!

Thanks so much for tuning into this edition of Five Things! Feel free to answer any or all of these questions!

15 Comments

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:29 PM

You should give it a try! It’s such a great workout!

1. October 14, 2016 / 8:37 AM

I love the leaves changing as well!
    -Kate
    katekoutures.blogspot.com

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:38 PM

Aren’t they pretty?!

2. October 14, 2016 / 8:41 AM

I’ll play!

1. I love pumpkin flavors, but I think I get even more excited about apple everything in the fall.
    2. I tried yoga. It was nice, and I definitely need more movement in my life.
    3. Our family is trying to get a chunk of debt paid off before the end of the year. We’re making great progress, though right now we aren’t exactly on track to be done by December 31. We have a secondary goal of paying only cash for Christmas.
    4. I have a bad habit of eating chips, so I’ve stopped buying them.
    5. We don’t watch network TV, because we can’t keep up with it due to crazy schedules. It’s Netflix or nothing!

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:39 PM

That sounds like a great financial goal! I wish you good luck! 🙂

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:40 PM

Yes, fall is really gorgeous in Seattle! Hope we don’t have anymore storms in the near future!

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:41 PM

Glad there’s someone out there that loves pumpkin flavored stuff as much as I do! 🙂

3. October 17, 2016 / 6:50 AM

I love our annual apple picking trip that we take – the orchard is only 20 minutes away, but it’s always a lovely time. We get hot apple cider and pick apples and then take them home to make a pie or crumble. I enjoyed spin class when I did it. I’d like to go on more walks too. P.S. do they make that puppy blanket in adult size? 😉

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:42 PM

I love hot apple cider! It really gets me in the mood for the holidays!

P.S. I think they should make the puppy blanket in adult size! It’s so soft and cozy! 🙂

4. October 17, 2016 / 9:09 AM

Barre sounds great! I want to try Crossfit soon.

• Polly
      October 17, 2016 / 11:43 PM

Barre is amazing! I’ve always been intimated to try crossfit but I know people that love it!