When I had the opportunity to partner with Esplendido Douro, I was very excited! Esplendido Douro is an award winning Portuguese extra virgin olive oil. It is made with hand picked olives that are cold-pressed to retain its fresh and spicy aroma. I cook with olive oil quite often but have never cooked with one that is made with great premium quality. I decided to use it to create a simple lemon garlic parmesan pasta. To learn how to make it, continue reading!
1/2 cup Esplendido Douro extra virgin olive oil
1 lb dried pasta
4 minced garlic cloves
1/4 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 lb peeled raw shrimp
lemon juice to taste
dried or chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the package instructions.
2. Drain pasta and run it under cold water to prevent the noodles from sticking.
3. Combine the Esplendido Douro extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t turn brown.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the cooked pasta, grated parmesan, along with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the pasta making sure all of the ingredients are well combined.
5. In a separate saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add raw shrimp to the saucepan and cook until both sides are pink. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Remove the saucepan from heat. Add the cooked shrimp to the pasta and garnish with parsley. Squeeze your desired amount of lemon juice to taste and you’re ready to serve!
This lemon garlic parmesan pasta dish takes approximately 25 minutes and makes 4 servings. Enjoy!
This post is in partnership with Esplendido Douro.